10.3.11

The Dark Power

Between the ages of 8-11 me and my friend Mark used to get our dads to get us out 18 cert horror films from our local video store, the content of these films was never even question by our dads…I guess they just wanted a little bit of dad time. Almost every weekend was spent watching films such as Fright Night and Demons (1&2), I’m sure we felt a cut above the other kids who probably thought Michael Jackson’s Thriller video was a little too much. Anyway…most of the films were your straight to video…straight back to the store and forgotten by tea time fair. The Dark Power was no different, I remember thinking one of the girls was hot, the monsters being dumb and the music the ‘teens’ listened too while downing beers as being really cool and I always wished I had found out who did the music…sadly as the film itself was so forgettable I forgot films title…only surfing the net did I stumble across a site dedicated to bad movies (http://www.badmovies.org/movies/darkpower/) with a 5 star review for The Dark Power…I knew it had to be the film…I then tracked it down from Amazon for the extortionate price of 1p + £2.50 p&p…about a week later and I was revisiting childhood memories…This film is maybe mildly amusing at best, I mean I guess it does fall into the ‘so bad its good’ category… the hot girl basically runs around in skimpy clothes…clearly that cut it for me as an 8&1/2 year old…the 4 monsters dress like your typical Glastonbury hippy…and that band…The Clodfelters…well it’s your standard 80’s jangly guitar band…I’ve heard better…but I reckon this film did unlock my love for scrappy guitar music. For no reason whatsoever I’ve uploaded the film for your pleasure:

http://www.4shared.com/file/MSQrdnfj/The_Dark_Power.html



Before you download why not check out the trailer below:

No comments:

Post a Comment